Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
This dish is amazing in the summer with fresh produce. You can add other things to the salsa; yellow bell pepper is one of our favorites. Sometimes we use the avocado and sometimes we don't. Prep time does not include 4 hours of chill time.
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (from 1 lime)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon mild honey
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 chicken breasts
- 8 strawberries, hulled and diced
- 1⁄2 avocado, pitted, peeled and diced
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (about 1/2 lime)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- For chicken marinade: In a medium bowl, whisk together the lime juice, oil, honey, garlic, chili powder, and sea salt. Pour into a ziplock bag; add chicken. Shake the bag to coat. Chill 4 hours in refrigerator, turning occasionally.
- Grill chicken on medium-high heat for 12 minutes (or until chicken is done).
- For salsa: Toss all ingredients in a small bowl. Serve with grilled chicken.