My sister gave me the the Taste of Home - Grill it cookbook as a gift. First recipe I tried was this one, and my husband and I both loved it! Don't let the poblano peppers scare you away, these are more flavorful than hot. We follow a low carb lifestyle and this recipe fits the bill. Terrific side dish to any meat you throw on the grill. Enjoy! The cookbook says that it makes four servings, one half of a pepper is plenty if you serve it with other dishes. I makes more like 8 servings IMO.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup sour cream (8 oz)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, minced & divided
- 1 onion, small, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small summer squash, finely chopped
- 1 small zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 mushroom cap, portobello, finely chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups mexican cheese, shredded & divided
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 large poblano peppers, halved and seeded
- 1In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, lime juice and 1/4 cup cilantro. Cover and refridgerate until serving.
- 2In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until onion is tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the yellow squash, zucchini and jalapeno; cook and stir over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add mushroom; cook and stir for 2 minutes until the vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 3Stir in the beans, 1 1/2 cups cheese, corn, cumin, salt, pepper and remaining cilantro. Remove from the heat. Spoon in pepper halves; sprinkle wiht remaining cheese.
- 4Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Place the peppers over pan. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 10-14 minutes or until tender. serve with sour cream sauce.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Chiles Rellenos - Taste of Home
Serving Size: 1 (371 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 642.4
- Calories from Fat 333
- Total Fat 37.0 g
- Saturated Fat 21.4 g
- Cholesterol 106.8 mg
- Sodium 1127.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.4 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 28.5 g