Recipe by Ms B.
This is a healthier version of the Tex-Mex classic. Also great for the vegetarians in the group!
- 6 poblano chiles or 4 small green bell peppers
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (8 ounce) package monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut a slit lengthwise in each chile and carefully scoop out the seeds and ribs.
- In a medium bowl, combine the beans, cheese, raisins, salsa, and chili powder.
- Stuff the peppers with the filling.
- Heat grill to medium.
- Place peppers on grill and cook, turning frequently, until they are soft and the cheese has melted.