1/4 Photos of Grilled Chile-Lime Shrimp
From Better Homes & Gardens magazine, June 2011. Prep time includes 20-minute marinade time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lime peel
- 1/4 tablespoon lime juice (about 1 1/2 limes)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 lbs medium shrimp (about 6 per person)
- 1Preheat grill to medium-high.
- 2In medium bowl, combine all ingredients except shrimp and stir well.
- 3Peel shrimp except for tail, and devein. Rinse and pat dry with paper towels.
- 4Place shrimp in large resealable bag. Add marinade. Through bag, rub marinade into shrimp. Place in refrigerator for 20 minutes. Halfway through, turn bag and give shrimp another marinade massage. (Do not marinate longer than 20 minutes, or the acidic lime juice will cook the shrimp).
- 5Place shrimp on cutting board and nestle them together in groups of six. Using 2 bamboo skewers for each group, skewer the shrimp together (this is for nice presentation, keeps shrimp from falling into the grill and makes them easier to turn). NOTE: Soak bamboo skewers in water for 15 minutes prior to use, to keep them from burning.
- 6Grill shrimp on an oiled grill rack 2 minutes per side, or until opaque.
- 7(Serve with Toasted Couscous with Grilled Mango and Zucchini).
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Chile-Lime Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 237.5
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 214.8 mg
- Sodium 1244.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 23.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: