Prep 40 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Better Homes & Gardens magazine, June 2011. Prep time includes 20-minute marinade time.
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lime peel
- 1⁄4 tablespoon lime juice (about 1 1/2 limes)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium shrimp (about 6 per person)
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- In medium bowl, combine all ingredients except shrimp and stir well.
- Peel shrimp except for tail, and devein. Rinse and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place shrimp in large resealable bag. Add marinade. Through bag, rub marinade into shrimp. Place in refrigerator for 20 minutes. Halfway through, turn bag and give shrimp another marinade massage. (Do not marinate longer than 20 minutes, or the acidic lime juice will cook the shrimp).
- Place shrimp on cutting board and nestle them together in groups of six. Using 2 bamboo skewers for each group, skewer the shrimp together (this is for nice presentation, keeps shrimp from falling into the grill and makes them easier to turn). NOTE: Soak bamboo skewers in water for 15 minutes prior to use, to keep them from burning.
- Grill shrimp on an oiled grill rack 2 minutes per side, or until opaque.
- (Serve with Toasted Couscous with Grilled Mango and Zucchini).
Absolutely delicious! I made the marinade exactly as described, except that I think the 1/4 TB of lime juice is an error. I can sure get more than that out of one and a half limes. I added about a tablespoon, or maybe a hair more, and it was so good - we just kept eating and eating.
Delicious all the way around. DH loved it! I decreased the red pepper for my liking. ZWT7 Made for Count Dracula and His Hot Bites.
Delicious! I had to omit the cilantro because I had just run out, but I made the rest of the marinade as written. I removed the shrimp tails, too, because DH doesn't like when I leave them on (so spoiled, lol). I don't have an outdoor grill, so I just grilled these on my indoor grill. and they came out perfect. I'm sure I'll be making these again, thanks for posting! Made for the Emerald City Shakers for ZWT7