Recipe by KaraRN
Found this recipe on the Betty Crocker website. You can make this marinade up and marinade your chicken for up to 24 hours in advance. It is also ready to grill in as little as 30 minutes.
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 small jalapeno chile, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (1 1/4 lb)
Directions See How It's Made
- To make marinade, in shallow glass or plastic dish, or resealable food-storage plastic bag, mix all ingredients except chicken.
- Between pieces of plastic wrap or waxed paper, place each chicken breast smooth side down; gently pound with flat side of meat mallet or rolling pin until about 1/4 inch thick. Add chicken to marinade; turn to coat. Cover dish or seal bag; refrigerate at least 30 minutes but no longer than 24 hours.
- Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Cover and grill chicken over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170°F).