Recipe by BurtonFanatic
If you have the time to open two cans of beans and grill some chicken, you'll have yourself a Chow Now dinner! You just have to be sure to use thin chicken cutlets and have the vermouth on hand in your pantry. This is a recipe for the "flavor diet". I found it off a website, though I can't remember which one now. I haven't tried it, but it sounds yummy. Per Serving: 385 calories, 8 g fat (1 g sat fat), 33 g protein, 34 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 63 mg cholesterol, 615 mg sodium
- 4 (4 ounce) chicken cutlets
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, thickly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup vermouth
- 1 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Salt lightly.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add the vermouth and bring to a boil for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the broth and beans and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, add the thyme and pepper, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a large cast-iron grill pan. When the pan is hot, grill the chicken for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until cooked through (do not overcook). Serve the beans over the chicken.