Recipe by Tastings by CeCe
This recipe from Cooking Light was surprisingly easy to prepare and very flavorful. I had never had a “white” barbecue sauce and was pleasantly surprised at the taste. Since grilled chicken is a summertime staple for me I will be making this sauce in a bigger batch and refrigerating in bottles. The spicy "vinegary" taste goes very well with the grilled chicken. Feel free to adjust the spices in the sauce.
Top Review by ObxCliff
Cece, this is ObxCliff...I used this recipe as a base for a sauce at work! I added chipotle in adobo, cilantro, garlic, used rice vinegar (not as acidic tasting) and a few other things and used it for a spiced rubbed grilled steak. It was great...good customer & server responses, too!!! Thanks for another great recipe!!!
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml onion powder
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 4.92 ml paprika
- 4.92 ml dried chipotle powder
- 118.29 ml light mayonnaise
- 78.07 ml white vinegar
- 14.79 ml fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2.46 ml ground red pepper
- 7.39 ml fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 0.25 ml salt
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare chicken:.
- Loosen skin from breast by inserting fingers, gently pushing between skin and meat.
- Combine salt and next 4 ingredients (salt through chipotle chili powder). Rub mixture under loosened skin.
- Grill chicken on each side over direct heat for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Move chicken to indirect heat and cover, cooking an additional 35 minutes or until done.
- Discard skin.
- To prepare sauce:.
- Combine mayonnaise and remaining ingredients, using a whisk. Serve sauce with chicken. Sauce can be made up to 1 day in advance, flavors will intensify.