Recipe by lazyme
We love this mustard sauce on grilled chicken. The sauce can be made ahead so that dinner goes on the table quickly. From Chef Joseph Nartowicz at the Boston Park Plaza Hotel.
Top Review by teresas
I loved the flavor of this but my sauce never did thicken up...I let it simmer for 25 mins it did reduce down. Not sure what I did wrong but I enjoyed the spiciness of the mustard's. I used tenderloins and cooked them on the George Foreman grill. Thanks for posting!
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups low sodium beef broth, unsalted
- 2 tablespoons dry vermouth
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine both stocks and vermouth in heavy medium saucepan.
- Boil over high heat until reduced to 3/4 cup, about 25 minutes.
- Add all mustards and whisk to blend.
- Simmer until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Season sauce to taste with pepper.
- (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Bring to simmer before serving).
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat) or preheat a broiler.
- Rub chicken breasts with garlic.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill chicken until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken to plates. Spoon sauce over and serve.