Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
We love this mustard sauce on grilled chicken. The sauce can be made ahead so that dinner goes on the table quickly. From Chef Joseph Nartowicz at the Boston Park Plaza Hotel.
- Combine both stocks and vermouth in heavy medium saucepan.
- Boil over high heat until reduced to 3/4 cup, about 25 minutes.
- Add all mustards and whisk to blend.
- Simmer until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Season sauce to taste with pepper.
- (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Bring to simmer before serving).
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat) or preheat a broiler.
- Rub chicken breasts with garlic.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill chicken until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken to plates. Spoon sauce over and serve.
I loved the flavor of this but my sauce never did thicken up...I let it simmer for 25 mins it did reduce down. Not sure what I did wrong but I enjoyed the spiciness of the mustard's. I used tenderloins and cooked them on the George Foreman grill. Thanks for posting!
This sauce is excellent....the only problem was that there wasn't enough of it! I would reduce the cooking time on the sauce a bit, as I ended up with very little sauce and had to add more broth and mustard to get enough to cover the chicken. So if you half the recipe, go ahead and make all the sauce....you won't regret it! Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe!