1/4 Photos of Grilled Chicken With Sweet Carolina Barbecue Sauce
This makes the best barbecue chicken on the planet. The extra effort of making the marinade is a definite payoff. The sweet mustard glaze gives the grilled chicken a wonderful crisp coating. The chicken does need to marinate overnight so plan ahead. This mustard sauce is also fantastic on pork chops. MAKE AHEAD: The sauce can be safely stored in a lidded jar in the refrigerator for a month. WINE: The sweet barbecue sauce mate well with a full-bodied, fruity grenache such as Domaine Lafond Roc-Epine Lirac Blanc 2004 or an off dry fruity Reisling such as the very easy to drink 2002 Reisling - Domaine Fernand Engel.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 177.44 ml unsulphured molasses
- 118.29 ml pure olive oil
- 118.29 ml ruby port or 118.29 ml marsala
- 29.58 ml Dijon mustard
- 29.58 ml soy sauce or 29.58 ml low sodium soy sauce
- 29.58 ml fresh ground pepper
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1360.77 g chicken breasts, thighs, quarters, drumsticks, bone in (your family's favorite)
Sweet Mustard Barbecue Sauce
- 1In a medium saucepan, combine all of the sauce ingredients and bring to a simmer. Stir well and remove from heat. Let cool to room temperature, then pour into a glass jar with lid and refrigerate.
- 2In a large bowl or extra large ziplock, add the first 9 ingredients and mix well. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. Then, add the chicken pieces and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight.
- 3Light your grill or preheat broiler.
- 4Remove the chicken from the marinade and arrange the pieces on a baking sheet/s.
- 5Brush the chicken pieces with the Barbecue Sauce and grill over a medium-hot fire or broil 12 inches from the heat, turning often and rotating, until cooked through and nicely glazed, 8 to 10 minutes per side.
- 6Serve hot or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Chicken With Sweet Carolina Barbecue Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (347 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 655.9
- Calories from Fat 270
- Total Fat 30.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 108.9 mg
- Sodium 693.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 45.3 g
- Protein 37.2 g