Recipe by Charlotte J
Saw this on Everyday Italian, it looks soooo good and easy to make. Recipe from Giada De Laurentiis
Top Review by libbyahall
I use this same recipe from Giada -- it is SO good. It is wonderful to freeze the spinach pesto and have for a super quick meal. Also, I LOVE putting this with some pasta as well. Very fresh and zesty!
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 cups lightly packed baby spinach leaves (about 2 ounces)
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 -2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil, plus
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a grill pan on medium high heat.
- Lightly oil the grill pan.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Grill the chicken until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
- Combine the spinach, pine nuts, lemon juice, and lemon peel in a processor.
- Lightly pulse.
- With the machine running, gradually add 1/3 cup of the oil, blending until the mixture is creamy.
- Add salt and pulse.
- Put half of the pesto into ice cube trays and store in the freezer for future use.
- Transfer the rest of the spinach mixture to a medium bowl.
- Stir in the Parmesan.
- Season the pesto with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spread the pesto over each piece of chicken and serve.