Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A simple but perfectly tasty chicken recipe.
- 2 boned chicken legs
- olive oil
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves
- 6 tablespoons aioli (Aioli will do nicely)
- warmed chicken stock or water
- Heat a griddle pan.
- Rub the boned chicken legs all over with a little olive oil and the thyme leaves.
- Lay each piece on the grill pan, skin side down.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Leave the meat in place for at least three minutes, pressing down firmly with a spatula or large knife.
- Turn the meat over and continue cooking for about eight minutes, until the meat is a glossy golden brown on both sides.
- While the chicken is cooking, put the aioli in a bowl and beat in a little warm chicken stock or water to thin it down.
- But, make sure it is still thick enough to slide off a spoon.
- When the chicken is cooked, crumble over some more sea salt and serve with a bit of the garlic mayonnaise on the side.