Recipe by Boomette
From Ricardo. Posted for ZWT - NA*ME
Top Review by momaphet
We thought this was very tasty, though I preferred it before I added the saffron (not my favorite spice) I did cut back on the apricots a little since it seemed like a lot compared to the amount of chicken. If making this again I would use chicken thighs instead of breasts, I think the darker flavor would marry well with the flavors of the sauce. I served this with Recipe #170604 and they really complimented each other. Made for ZWT 9 by one of Mike and the Appliance Killers
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup dried apricot, diced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 4 cups Baby Spinach
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large non-stick skillet, brown chicken in butter and oil about 5-6 minutes on each side or until cooked. Add salt and pepper. Set aside on a warm plate.
- In the same skillet, brown onion and bell pepper. Add oil if needed. Add garlic and keep cooking 1 minute. Add apricots, lemon juice, honey, saffron and stir well. Add chicken broth and bring to boil. Let reduce until sauce has a texture of syrup. Adjust seasoning.
- In a bowl, mix spinach with a little bit of olive oil. Add salt and pepper.
- Slice the chicken. In 4 plates, serve the chicken on the spinach and put the apricots garnish on top.