In 'Summer Gatherings' by Rick Rodgers
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Rosemary White Barbecue Sauce
- 314.66 ml mayonnaise
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 118.29 ml fresh lemon juice
- 19.71 ml chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed through a press
- 1To make the sauce, whisk the mayonnaise, lemon zest and juice, rosemary, and garlic together .
- 2Build a fire for indirect grilling in an outdoor grill.
- 3For a charcoal grill, leave the coals heaped in a mound in the center.
- 4For a gas grill, preheat on high, then leave one burner on high and turn the other burners off.
- 5Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- 6Lightly oil the cooking grate.
- 7Place the chicken on the unheated areas of the grill (that is, on the perimeter around, but not over, the coals in the charcoal grill, or over the off burners of the gas grill).
- 8Cover and grill for 20 minutes.
- 9Turn the chicken, cover, and continue grilling until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the breast reads 165°, about 20 minutes more.
- 10Move the chicken to the hot area of the grill.
- 11Brush the chicken all over with the mayonnaise mixture.
- 12Grill, turning and basting occasionally with the remaining mayonnaise mixture, until the mayonnaise has reduced to a mostly transparent glaze, 3-5 minutes.
- 13Transfer to a platter and serve hot, with the remaining sauce passed on the side.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Chicken With Rosemary White Barbecue Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (310 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 790.8
- Calories from Fat 536
- Total Fat 59.5 g
- Saturated Fat 15.2 g
- Cholesterol 224.0 mg
- Sodium 914.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 50.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of