Prep 1 hr 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Root beer is the secret ingredient to make this sweet and tangy grilled chicken. Preparation time includes one hour for marinating the chicken. Adjust yours accordingly.
- Place the chicken breasts into gallon-sized storage bags.
- Combine all ingredients from the root beer through the salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Reserve 1 cup of the root beer sauce for basting.
- Pour the remaining sauce over the ckicken. Marinade in the refrigerator for an hour or more.
- Grill around medium hot coals or over medium heat on a gas grill for about 20 minutes, depending on the thickness of the chicken breasts.
- Turn frequently and baste with the root beer sauce to form a nicely carmelized coating.
- Serve and enjoy!