Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 3 cups diced rhubarb
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 shallots, minced
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- olive oil
- Place all relish ingredients in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, stirring every so often, for about 10 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Preheat the grill.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Brush with lemon juice and oil.
- Grill about 6 minutes per side.
- Serve with rhubarb relish.
MMMMM...had this tonight. Made it with grilled fish fillets instead, which was great, but they're not the point. The point is that as soon as I ate the relish I thought to myself, "okay, I'm having this for dinner again tomorrow night." I successfully scaled it down for 2 servings, but otherwise followed the relish instructions completely, and only modified the chicken part by using fish and adding a little bit of dill to take the fish smell away. Served with sauteed lettuce and ginger.