Indian cuisine influences this refreshingly different chicken dish. From the Better Homes and Gardens Dieter's Cookbook. This delicious chicken dish is served with a delightfully sweet and spicy pineapple relish.
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 of a medium fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and coarsely chopped (about 1 2/3 cups)
- 1⁄2 of a medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro or 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- In a small bowl combine 1/2 tsp of the cardamom, the salt, and black pepper. Rub both sides of chicken with oil; sprinkle evenly with spice mixture.
- Grill chicken on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 12 to 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (170°F), turning once.
- For relish, in a medium bowl combine pineapple, sweet pepper, cilantro (or parsley), lime juice, green onion, jalapeño pepper, and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon cardamom. Serve chicken with relish. If desired, garnish with herb sprigs.