Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
The cinnamon gives it a distintive flavor...sort of Morocan. Found this on the internet. I have an over abundance of fresh oregano from my garden. But I'm sure dried would work just as well. I've also used Leg quarters skin and all with the same tasty results. If you are lucky enough to have any leftovers, it make wonderful sandwiches and chicken salad. Cook and prep time do not include marinateing time.
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 6 boneless skinned chicken breasts or 12 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Mix together everything but the chicken in a glass baking dish or zip lock bag.
- Add chicken pieces and coat well and let stand 1 hour or overnite in the frigde.
- Grill over medium coals till done.
- Turning once.
- About 15 minutes for the breast.
A nice twist on plain chicken. I would suggest doubling the marinade. I barely had enough to use on 4 large skinless breasts. Other than that, it was a very enjoyable dinner!