Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A great grilled dish. This is also very good made with fresh oregano.
- 4 chicken breasts, skin on
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons dried oregano
- 10 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Arrange the chicken breasts in a skillet in one layer.
- Add the 2 garlic cloves, the onion and 1 cup of chicken broth.
- Cook, covered over medium heat, turning the pieces once, until the broth has completely reduced and the chicken is tender, about 25 minutes.
- Crush the oregano and the 10 cloves of minced garlic in a mortar and pestle with salt and 2 tablespoons chicken broth.
- Spread this paste over the chicken pieces, turning them so they are evenly covered. Return chicken to the pan and cover, leaving for an hour.
- Heat a barbecue grill to low heat and brown the chicken lightly on both sides, brushing with a bit of melted butter or oil as it grills and turning often.