Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This a brilliant delicious recipe from one of my favorites - Saveur Magazine! It is incredibly delicious and I hope you like it as much as my family does! I made some adjustments to suit my taste. The paste applied before grilling gives the most wonderful flavor to the chicken!
- 1⁄2 cup garlic chives, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 pinch hot paprika
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 4 cups butter, soft
- 2 young roasting chickens
- 1. Crush the scallions, garlic, cilantro, parsley, salt, sweet paprika, hot paprika, and cumin with a mortar and pestle. Blend in butter.
- 2. Wash chickens; split them down the back and flatten; dry well; and rub inside and out with butter paste. Let stand at least 1 hour.
- 3. Preheat grill, then cook chicken skin side up. Turn after 2 minutes and baste with any extra paste. Continue to turn and baste until skin is crisp and flesh is firm.