Recipe by CountryLady
Submitted for RSC#8: When I think of the Caribbean, the song Hot, Hot, Hot by Buster Poindexter comes to mind ........ but the food doesn't have to be hot. The chicken could also be cooked in the oven or on an indoor grill.The timing doesn't include marinading. Ole, Ole - Ole, Ole!!
Top Review by Elly in Canada
A quick and easy to prepare recipe. I used boneless chicken thighs marinated overnight. I used wine, next time I will use RUM!! I added fresh ginger and thyme, and increased the cilantro to two tablespoons (I love it!) I do not have a grill or BBQ so baked the chicken in the oven. It was delicious when served with the yummy salsa! The chicken was tangy, the salsa sweet - a very nice combo. This would be great on the BBQ. Thanks CL Ole,Ole!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger (or 1/2 tbsp dried)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 small ripe mango, peeled & cubed
- 1 cup grape tomatoes (halved) or 1 cup cherry tomatoes (quartered)
- 1 small cubanelle pepper, chopped (or 1/2 cup red Bell pepper)
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated ginger (or 1/2 tsp dried)
- 1 lime, juice & zest
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a small bowl & mix well.
- Trim any fat from breasts before placing them into a ziplock bag or plastic container; cover with marinade.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours (and preferably overnight), turning occasionally to distribute the marinade.
- Remove breasts from the marinade & grill on medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes per side (depending on the size of the breasts) or until no longer pink inside.
- Meanwhile, place fruit/veggies into a medium sized bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl & mix well; pour over fruit/veggies & stir.
- Serve the salsa on top of or beside the breasts.