Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
The glaze recipe makes enough to glaze 4 1/2 pounds chicken. To prevent burning, we found that it’s best to wait to apply the glaze until the chicken is nearly cooked.
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄3 cup cilantro leaf, lightly packed
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 5 tablespoons lime juice (2-3 limes)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and sliced thin
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped coarse
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder (optional)
- Process all ingredients in a food processor until thoroughly combined, 20 – 30 seconds, scraping down sides of work bowl as needed.
- Reserve half of glaze for serving and use other half to brush on chicken while grilling.
- Grill chicken until instant read thermometer inserted into thickest part registers 155 degrees for breasts and 170 degrees for legs or thighs.
- Brush one side of chicken pieces with half of glaze reserved for grilling, then turn chicken glaze-side down and cook 2 minutes.
- Brush second side of chicken with remaining glaze reserved for grilling, then turn chicken and cook until browned and instant-read thermometer registers 160 degrees for breasts and 175 degrees for legs or thighs, 1 to 3 minutes longer. Let chicken rest 5 minutes. Serve, passing remaining glaze at table.