Recipe by Debber
Only five ingredients makes this one come together quickly and flavorfully, too! From one of my favorite magazines (Country Living, June 09), this recipe is just right for a summer meal with the family OR to serve guests. PREP TIME includes marinating time. COOK TIME includes only the time on the grill.
- 4 chicken breasts, about 2 pounds (skinned & boned)
- 1 cup red wine vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinaigrette (from the marinade)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh oregano (1 tsp dry)
- 1 1⁄2 ounces feta cheese, crumbles
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinate breast meat with other marinade ingredients for at least one hour.
- Remove chicken from marinade (reserve some); cook on a grill over medium-high heat (or grill in a pan), turning once until cooked through, about 10-12 minutes; keep warm.
- While the chicken is cooking, half the tomatoes and toss with reserved vinaigrette and salt in a medium bowl.
- Lower grill heat to medium; spread tomatoes in a foil pan (or use a sheet of foil with the edges turned up to make a home-made pan; pinch the corners to make it tighter); sear tomatoes cut sides down, about 2 minutes.
- Return tomatoes to bowl, toss with oregano.
- Slice chicken and transfer to serving platter; Spoon tomatoes alongside chicken; sprinkle feta cheese and more oregano (if desired) over tomatoes.