Recipe by Starrynews
Tender and juicy chicken drumsticks are accompanied by a refreshing fruity salsa. Enjoy! Prep time includes marinating time.
Top Review by Lori Mama
Nice dish. The salsa was very refreshing, but i felt it needed just a pinch of salt. I only had an orange pepper on hand, so used it. Used my grill pan and then finished in the oven. Worked very well. :)
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh gingerroot, zested
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 grapefruit, halved
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- Combine olive oil, lemon juice, ginger, and garlic in a large sealable plastic bag. Add chicken drumsticks and toss to coat. Allow to marinate for 20-30 minutes in refrigerator.
- Cook chicken on grill over medium heat until cooked through, about 20 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 165°F Turn once halfway through.
- While chicken is cooking, prepare the salsa. Gently remove the halved grapefruit pieces from the skin and place in a medium bowl. Add avocado, red pepper flakes, tomato, onion, yellow bell pepper, cilantro, and lime juice, and toss gently to combine.
- Serve chicken with salsa.