Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Diabetic Living. Only 159 calories and 5 grams carbs. Exchanges: .5 Vegetable, 4 very lean meat. Carb choices: 0 Cook time is estimate!
- 1 (6 ounce) carton plain low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 2 teaspoons snipped of fresh mint or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried mint, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup chopped seeded cucumber
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 to 1 1/4 pounds total)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper (divided)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, green onion, mint, cumin, salt, and 1/8 teaspoon of the pepper. Transfer half to a bowl; set aside. For sauce, stir cucumber into remaining yogurt mixture; set aside.
- Sprinkle the chicken with 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Place chicken on rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill for 12 to 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (170 degrees F), turning once halfway through grilling and brushing with reserved yogurt mixture the last half of grilling. Discard remaining mixture.
- Serve chicken with yogurt sauce and, if desired, cucumber slices.