Prep 0 mins
Cook 16 mins
This is such a delicious chicken salad dish, I have used frozen corn, with a few drops of liquid smoke, tastes good, but not as good as the grilled corn!!
FOR THE CHIPOTLE DRESSING
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped chipotle chiles in adobo or 2 teaspoons chipotle hot sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
FOR THE SALAD
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3 cups grilled corn kernels
- 1 cup grape tomatoes or 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 sweet red pepper, chopped
- 4 -6 cups torn salad greens (romaine, spinach, arugula, red and green leaf lettuce)
- FOR THE CHIPOTLE: In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together oil, lemon juice, chipotle, garlic, oregano, lime rind and salt,.
- FOR THE SALAD: Remove 1 tablespoons of the dressing and brush on both sides of chicken. Place on greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and grill 6-8 minutes on each side or until juices run clear and internal temperature reaches 185F on meat thermometer. Transfer to cutting board and let stand for 5 minutes. Slice into thin strips. Chicken can be covered and refrigerated for up to 24 hours.
- In a large serving bowl, combine chicken, corn, tomatoes, cilantro, onions, and red pepper; toss with remaining dressing. Divide salad greens among plates and evenly distribute salad over top.