Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This has become a quick and easy favorite that we frequently make on the grill. Despite the ease of prep, it is bursting with flavor. It is from the Black Dog Tavern's Summer on the Vineyard Cookbook.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
For the Cilantro Marinade
- 14.79-29.58 ml chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, minced (I use more)
- 1 lime, zest of
- 29.58-44.37 ml fresh lime juice
- 59.14 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- Mix together the marinade ingredients in a deep bowl. Add the chicken breasts and turn to coat completely. Cover the bowl and refrigerate.
- Marinade for about 1 hour. You can leave the chicken in the marinade longer, but because the mixture is very acidic, the chicken will begin to appear poached.
- Preheat your grill. Cook the chicken over medium hot coals for about 3-5 mins per side.
- Serve and enjoy.
What a wonderful, easy recipe! I used more cilantro and garlic than the recipe called for, and I used 3T of the lime juice. The chicken was so tender, moist and flavorful! And that's really saying something for boneless skinless chicken breasts! Thanks so much for posting. This was the first thing we grilled this Spring, but it most definitely won't be the last time we grill this chicken!
We LOVED this recipe! Just the perfect combo of citrus and cilantro - will use many times this summer! Thanks a bunch!
What a wonderful recipe. It had such great flavor and the chicken was tender and moist. Thanks for sharing.