Cilantro is one of those tastes that people either love or hate. Whatever your opinion, it has become widely used in recent years, particularly in Mediterranean and Mexican cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat grill to medium. Combine garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small dish; mash into a paste using back side of a large spoon. Add lime peel.
- 2Wash hands. Loosen skin of chicken by slipping your hand between the meat and skin. Spread a quarter of the garlic mixture and tuck 2 cilantro sprigs under the skin of each breast. Wash hands.
- 3Combine chopped cilantro, butter or margarine, oil and lime juice in a small bowl. Brush chicken skin lightly with mixture. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- 4Place chicken on grill, skin side down. Brush with cilantro-butter mixture. Cover and grill 15 minutes. Turn chicken; brush with half of remaining cilantro butter. Cover and grill 10 minutes. Without turning, brush chicken with remaining cilantro butter. Cover and grill 5 minutes or until done (internal temperature 180° F).
- 5Serving suggestion: Serve with Spanish Rice and Chilled Fresh Fruit. Refrigerate leftovers.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Chicken With Cilantro Butter
Serving Size: 1 (37 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 168.3
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 685.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 0.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: