Recipe by Lorac
A perfect summer dish for the grill. Serve with roasted corn and Savory Grilled Potatoes. Don't forget the Margaritas! From a 1991 Bon Appetit.
Top Review by Titanium Chef
What a wonderful dish. We did 4 chicken breasts and were very disappointed that we didn't have more for leftovers... so I'll have to make it again very soon. The sauce is subtle but has a wonderful flavor. I think next time I'll try adding a touch of cayenne. Thanks for sharing, Lorac, this is definitely a keeper for us!
- 2 fresh anaheim chilies
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 6 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 large tomatoes, peeled seeded and chopped
- lime wedge, garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Char chiles on grill, or over gas flame, or under broiler.
- Place in paper bag for 10 minutes, then peel, seed and chop.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine chiles, cream, onion, cilantro and garlic over medium high heat.
- Boil until reduced to thick sauce, stirring ocasionally about 5 minutes.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and grill or broil about 5 minutes per side or until juices run clear.
- While chicken is cooking, add tomato to cream sauce and season to taste.
- To serve pour sauce over chicken and garnish with lime wedges.