Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
A perfect summer dish for the grill. Serve with roasted corn and Savory Grilled Potatoes. Don't forget the Margaritas! From a 1991 Bon Appetit.
- 2 fresh anaheim chilies
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 6 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 large tomatoes, peeled seeded and chopped
- lime wedge, garnish
- Char chiles on grill, or over gas flame, or under broiler.
- Place in paper bag for 10 minutes, then peel, seed and chop.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine chiles, cream, onion, cilantro and garlic over medium high heat.
- Boil until reduced to thick sauce, stirring ocasionally about 5 minutes.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and grill or broil about 5 minutes per side or until juices run clear.
- While chicken is cooking, add tomato to cream sauce and season to taste.
- To serve pour sauce over chicken and garnish with lime wedges.
What a wonderful dish. We did 4 chicken breasts and were very disappointed that we didn't have more for leftovers... so I'll have to make it again very soon. The sauce is subtle but has a wonderful flavor. I think next time I'll try adding a touch of cayenne. Thanks for sharing, Lorac, this is definitely a keeper for us!
This was really tasty! We had it with Mexican Rice and it was heavenly. Will definitely make this again and again!
Excellent! I'll be making this one again! Thanks for posting it. I added an extra anaheim chili and a splash of liquid smoke to the sauce. I also used a tablespoon of olive oil to saute the veggies. The chicken was rubbed with a store-bought chorizo seasoning before grilling.