1/4 Photos of Grilled Chicken With Cherry Sauce
weekend cooker's Note:
Turn up the flavor on these boneless chicken breast with smoky char, and a slathering of sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup cherry flavored cola
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 (6 ounce) skinless boneless, chicken breast halves
- 1Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- 2Heat a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, and add oil to the pan, swirl to coat.
- 3Add onion to pan, and saute for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4Add garlic to pan and saute 1 minute stirring constantly.
- 5Stir in cherry cola, and the next 4 ingredients through and including chili powder, and bring to a boil.
- 6Reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until sauce reduces to 3/4 cup, stirring occasionally.
- 7Set 6 tablespoons of sauce aside.
- 8Combine sugar, and the next 3 ingredients through and including cumin, and stir well.
- 9Rub this mixture evenly over both sides of chicken.
- 10Arrange chicken on a grill rack, coated with cooking spray, and baste with 3 tablespoons of the remaining sauce.
- 11Grill for 5 minutes.
- 12Turn chicken over, and baste with the remaining sauce, and grill chickenfor 5 minutes, or until done.
- 13Serve with remaining sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Chicken With Cherry Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 361.7
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 109.7 mg
- Sodium 476.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 36.3 g