Turn up the flavor on these boneless chicken breast with smoky char, and a slathering of sauce.
Make and share this Grilled Chicken With Cherry Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3⁄4 cup cherry flavored cola
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 (6 ounce) skinless boneless, chicken breast halves
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, and add oil to the pan, swirl to coat.
- Add onion to pan, and saute for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic to pan and saute 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Stir in cherry cola, and the next 4 ingredients through and including chili powder, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until sauce reduces to 3/4 cup, stirring occasionally.
- Set 6 tablespoons of sauce aside.
- Combine sugar, and the next 3 ingredients through and including cumin, and stir well.
- Rub this mixture evenly over both sides of chicken.
- Arrange chicken on a grill rack, coated with cooking spray, and baste with 3 tablespoons of the remaining sauce.
- Grill for 5 minutes.
- Turn chicken over, and baste with the remaining sauce, and grill chickenfor 5 minutes, or until done.
- Serve with remaining sauce.
This was awesome! <br/>I have to say that first...<br/>Initially, my wife said "no, we are not making that" when I told her the name of the recipe. I have to agree with my wife, this was an awesome recipe that is hidden under the description of 'cherry sauce'. <br/>We are not big fans of fruit in savory foods, but we are willing to try things out. Glad we were because this was the BEST sauce we have had in a long time. <br/><br/>It reduced nicely into a sauce that was very workable with the meat. The recipe called for chicken breasts, but we had chicken thighs on sale so I bought 3 boneless, skinless breasts and a handful of bone-in thighs. <br/><br/>We made the recipe as described, but added a bit here and there for the additional meat. My wife was raving on the sauce before we even had the chicken on the grill! <br/><br/>The pictures I'll post put the boneless/skinless breasts on top of the platter, but I am liking the thighs. Awesome dish that my wife wants me to make for her family in August when we vacation in August- high praise indeed! <br/><br/>The pictures will be added to the recipe shortly... Thanks for the great ideas.
I cut this recipe in half...it worked great...loved the cherry cola sauce...althou I didn't taste the cherry part...but the sauce gives a nice sweet taste to the chicken...I liked the idea of using a rub on the chicken before putting on the sauce...excellent dish...I even have a piece leftover for lunch...this would be a great recipe to serve to company while having a backyard barbeque...it's a keeper...thanks for posting it! =)