Turn up the flavor on these boneless chicken breast with smoky char, and a slathering of sauce.
Make and share this Grilled Chicken With Cherry Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3⁄4 cup cherry flavored cola
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 (6 ounce) skinless boneless, chicken breast halves
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, and add oil to the pan, swirl to coat.
- Add onion to pan, and saute for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic to pan and saute 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Stir in cherry cola, and the next 4 ingredients through and including chili powder, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until sauce reduces to 3/4 cup, stirring occasionally.
- Set 6 tablespoons of sauce aside.
- Combine sugar, and the next 3 ingredients through and including cumin, and stir well.
- Rub this mixture evenly over both sides of chicken.
- Arrange chicken on a grill rack, coated with cooking spray, and baste with 3 tablespoons of the remaining sauce.
- Grill for 5 minutes.
- Turn chicken over, and baste with the remaining sauce, and grill chickenfor 5 minutes, or until done.
- Serve with remaining sauce.