Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Recipe from the Foodnetwork courtesy of Nancy Baggett.
Make and share this Grilled Chicken With Cherry-Chipotle Barbecue Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup cherries, dark sweet, fresh or fozen (thawed), pitted and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth, reduced-sodium
- 1⁄3 cup cherry preserves
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chipotle peppers, minced canned in adobo sauce, (or more) to taste
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- Stir cherries, broth, preserves, ketchup, vinegar, chipotle peppers, thyme and allspice in a small deep bowl. Transfer to a shallow non-reactive dish or sealable bag, large enough to hold chicken. Add the chicken and turn to coat well. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, overnight is better.
- Preheat grill to high. Oil the grill by placing folded paper towel in tongs and rub it over the racks. Remover chicken from the marinade. Transfer the narinade to a medium skillet.
- Reduce the grill heat to medium and grill the chicken until cooked through and no longer pink in the middle, 7 to 9 minutes per side. Meanwhile, bring the marinade to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until the sauce is reduced by about half, 12 to 15 minutes. Let the chicken cool slightly; serve with the sauce.
The bbq sauce was delicious - great mix of tangy and spicy - but the chicken didn't really absorb much of the flavor and mine marinated all day. The chicken by itself was pretty bland. The sauce was delicious and would've also been excellent on ribs or in sloppy joe. I threw all the ingredients for the sauce in a food processor and blended until they were smooth. Delicious sauce and we're looking forward to trying it on different meat.
easy to prepare, great flavor-a definite keeper!