Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Recipe from the Foodnetwork courtesy of Nancy Baggett.
Make and share this Grilled Chicken With Cherry-Chipotle Barbecue Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup cherries, dark sweet, fresh or fozen (thawed), pitted and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth, reduced-sodium
- 1⁄3 cup cherry preserves
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chipotle peppers, minced canned in adobo sauce, (or more) to taste
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- Stir cherries, broth, preserves, ketchup, vinegar, chipotle peppers, thyme and allspice in a small deep bowl. Transfer to a shallow non-reactive dish or sealable bag, large enough to hold chicken. Add the chicken and turn to coat well. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, overnight is better.
- Preheat grill to high. Oil the grill by placing folded paper towel in tongs and rub it over the racks. Remover chicken from the marinade. Transfer the narinade to a medium skillet.
- Reduce the grill heat to medium and grill the chicken until cooked through and no longer pink in the middle, 7 to 9 minutes per side. Meanwhile, bring the marinade to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until the sauce is reduced by about half, 12 to 15 minutes. Let the chicken cool slightly; serve with the sauce.