Recipe by Kree
I got this off the DIY network website, and I'm storing it here so I can give it a try! I'm sure the cherry glaze would be equally good on baked chicken.
Top Review by joytosew
I had a package of dried cherries someone gave me so I thought what the hey. When I first made the sauce I changed my mind and thought; never again. You add this sauce to the chicken and oh WOW is it fantastic!!!! Now, I am not one for using salt which I did not instead I used Emeril's Essence that I make by hand omitting half the salt when I do. I placed it on both sides of the chicken before grilling. I will absolutely make this again!
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup fresh cherries, pitted
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, combine sherry, chicken stock, cherries, vinegar and honey, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until cherries soften, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- While glaze is simmering, season chicken with salt and pepper, and grill until done.
- To serve, spoon cherry glaze on plate, place chicken breast in the middle and drizzle with more glaze.