Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Make and share this Grilled Chicken With Blueberry-Basil Salsa recipe from Food.com.
- 7.39 ml olive oil
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded
- 24 scallions
- 709.77 ml blueberries
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 51.76 ml lime juice, freshly squeezed (2 to 3 limes)
- 2.46 ml salt, coarse
- 118.29 ml basil, loosely packed and very thinly sliced
- 118.29 ml cilantro leaf, loosely packed and roughly chopped
- 907.18 g chicken cutlets
- 0.25 ml cayenne pepper
- Heat grill to medium-high; lightly oil it. Grill jalapenos until slightly charred and blistered, turning frequently, about 15 minutes.
- Using a paper towel, pull off stems and remove skins from chilies. Roughly chop flesh and seeds; set aside.
- Meanwhile, grill scallions, turning often, until soft and charred in spots, 3 to 4 minutes; set aside.
- Place 2 cups blueberries in a food processor; pulse until coarsely chopped, about five times. Transfer to a medium bowl, and add onion, jalapenos, lime juice, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; stir to combine. Add basil, cilantro, remaining cup blueberries, and oil; stir to combine.
- Sprinkle chicken with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and the cayenne. Grill chicken until cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Place 4 grilled scallions on each plate, and top with chicken. Serve immediately, topped with a generous spoonful of blueberry salsa. Garnish with basil and cilantro leaves.
I knew when I was grilling the jalapenos and green onions that this was going to be a special recipe. The blueberry basil salsa is wonderful! The flavors meld together well and create a unique and delicious salsa. I halved the salsa amounts and thought it was the perfect amount for us. For the chicken, I ended up grilling boneless, skinless chicken thighs (that is what I had on hand). This recipe has great flavor and spice. Thank you!