1/1 Photo of Grilled Chicken With Blueberry-Basil Salsa
Paris D's Note:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded
- 24 scallions
- 3 cups blueberries
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 3 1/2 tablespoons lime juice, freshly squeezed (2 to 3 limes)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, coarse
- 1/2 cup basil, loosely packed and very thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaf, loosely packed and roughly chopped
- 2 lbs chicken cutlets
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1Heat grill to medium-high; lightly oil it. Grill jalapenos until slightly charred and blistered, turning frequently, about 15 minutes.
- 2Using a paper towel, pull off stems and remove skins from chilies. Roughly chop flesh and seeds; set aside.
- 3Meanwhile, grill scallions, turning often, until soft and charred in spots, 3 to 4 minutes; set aside.
- 4Place 2 cups blueberries in a food processor; pulse until coarsely chopped, about five times. Transfer to a medium bowl, and add onion, jalapenos, lime juice, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; stir to combine. Add basil, cilantro, remaining cup blueberries, and oil; stir to combine.
- 5Sprinkle chicken with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and the cayenne. Grill chicken until cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- 6Place 4 grilled scallions on each plate, and top with chicken. Serve immediately, topped with a generous spoonful of blueberry salsa. Garnish with basil and cilantro leaves.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Chicken With Blueberry-Basil Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (311 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 250.9
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 96.8 mg
- Sodium 381.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 34.0 g