Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe was given to me from my friend Traci with many high praises. It's from the Italian Grill cookbook by Giada De Laurentiis. We made it this weekend and it was so wonderful and very impressive looking. Very easy and looks and tastes so great. We served it over pasta, drizzling the sauce lightly over it all- so yummy!
- 2⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from about 4 lemons)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice (from about 4 lemons)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fennel seeds, coarsely crushed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh basil leaf
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- In a resealable bag, combine 1/3 cup of the oil, 3 Tbl. of the lemon juice, the fennel seeds, 3/4 teaspoons of the salt, and 1/2 teaspoons of the pepper. Add the chicken and seal the bag.
- Massage the marinade into the chicken.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 24 hours, turning the chicken occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, blend the basil, garlic, lemon zest, remaining 1/4 cup lemon juice, 3/4 teaspoons salt, and 1/2 teaspoons pepper until smooth. Gradually blend in remaining 1/3 cup of oil.
- Season the basil sauce to taste with more salt and pepper, if desired.
- Prepare a charcoal or gas grill for medium-high heat or preheat a ridged grill pan over medium-high heat. Grill the chicken until just cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a platter. Drizzle with the basil sauce and serve.
my husband loved it! the marinade is so easy and tastes great.