Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Based on recipe from Sunset Magazine, May 2010
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 anaheim chilies or 4 poblano chiles
- 4 chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup monterey jack pepper cheese
- lime wedge
- Prepare grill for high heat (450 to 550 degrees). Rub 1 tablespoon oil over chiles. Cook chiles, turning often, until skins begin to char. Put chiles in a bowl and cover until cool. Remove skin, stem and seeds.
- Combine cumin, cayenne pepper and salt. Rinse and pat dry chicken breasts. Rub with remaining oil and sprinkle cumin mixture over each. Grill chicken, turning once, until cooked through; about 10 minutes.
- Squeeze a lime wedge over each breast. Top each with avocado slices, chile, and 1/4 cup of cheese. Grill, covered, until cheese melts.