Prep 45 mins
Cook 35 mins
A recipe I like to make at least once a month. We love chicken, mint and curd so this recipe is a fave. I have adapted it from a recipe I found on the net.
- Make gashes in the chicken flesh at several places.
- Mix the lime or lemon juice, honey, yogurt, seasoning, cumin powder, turmeric and ginger-garlic mince and half the mint.
- Marinade the chicken with this paste for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Cook the chicken under a moderately hot grill until thoroughly cooked and golden brown, turn the chicken occasionally during the cooking.
- Sprinkle with remaining mint, serve with potatoes and tomato salad.
- Note: I add and subtract ingredients for a slight change in flavour.
- I may use the garlic alone or no garlic, ginger, turmeric at all, depending on my mood.
The marinade for this recipe is so tasty. I loved the fresh mint flavor - that really shone though in the finished dish. I used all of the optional ingredients too, which I feel added that something special to the recipe, especially the ginger. It took me a little longer to cook - about 45 minutes.
Yum! Beautiful blend of flavors (I used all the optional ingredients) and the marinade left the chicken super moist and tender. Rather than grilling I cooked in an oven on a rack and served with a mixed salad.
I made this with lamb cutlets instead of chicken and the marinade was really very tasty! I'll definitely be making it again.