Recipe by Girl from India
A recipe I like to make at least once a month. We love chicken, mint and curd so this recipe is a fave. I have adapted it from a recipe I found on the net.
Top Review by HeatherFeather
The marinade for this recipe is so tasty. I loved the fresh mint flavor - that really shone though in the finished dish. I used all of the optional ingredients too, which I feel added that something special to the recipe, especially the ginger. It took me a little longer to cook - about 45 minutes.
- 8 skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice or 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (optional)
- 1⁄2 inch gingerroot, minced (optional)
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric (optional)
- 4 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Make gashes in the chicken flesh at several places.
- Mix the lime or lemon juice, honey, yogurt, seasoning, cumin powder, turmeric and ginger-garlic mince and half the mint.
- Marinade the chicken with this paste for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Cook the chicken under a moderately hot grill until thoroughly cooked and golden brown, turn the chicken occasionally during the cooking.
- Sprinkle with remaining mint, serve with potatoes and tomato salad.
- Note: I add and subtract ingredients for a slight change in flavour.
- I may use the garlic alone or no garlic, ginger, turmeric at all, depending on my mood.