1/2 Photos of Grilled Chicken With a Mint and Yoghurt Sauce
1 hr 20 mins
Girl from India's Note:
A recipe I like to make at least once a month. We love chicken, mint and curd so this recipe is a fave. I have adapted it from a recipe I found on the net.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice or 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (optional)
- 1/2 inch gingerroot, minced (optional)
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric (optional)
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- salt and pepper
- 1Make gashes in the chicken flesh at several places.
- 2Mix the lime or lemon juice, honey, yogurt, seasoning, cumin powder, turmeric and ginger-garlic mince and half the mint.
- 3Marinade the chicken with this paste for 30 minutes to an hour.
- 4Cook the chicken under a moderately hot grill until thoroughly cooked and golden brown, turn the chicken occasionally during the cooking.
- 5Sprinkle with remaining mint, serve with potatoes and tomato salad.
- 6Note: I add and subtract ingredients for a slight change in flavour.
- 7I may use the garlic alone or no garlic, ginger, turmeric at all, depending on my mood.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Chicken With a Mint and Yoghurt Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 192.6
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 116.0 mg
- Sodium 126.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 27.8 g