Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
Yum! I made these for my family last night on a warm evening and they were enjoyed by all--and my family isn't too wild about Indian-inpired dishes (they're crazy, I know)! I found this in USA Weekend. Enjoy!
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 4 lbs chicken wings, tips removed and wings split at the joint (about 16 whole wings)
- Heat oil in an 8-inch skillet over low heat. Mix cumin, curry, garlic, salt, ginger and cayenne in a medium bowl.
- Add spices to the oil and heat until they start to sizzle and darken slightly in color, 20 to 30 seconds.
- Return spices to bowl; whisk in vinegar, then yogurt.
- Add wings; toss to coat. Let stand 10 minutes, or transfer to a zipper-lock bag and marinate up to 24 hours.
- If using a gas grill, turn all burners on high for 10 minutes. Clean grate with a wire brush, then use tongs to swipe grate with an oil-soaked rag.
- Place wings on rack; cover and cook until grill marks form on one side, about 5 minutes. Turn and cook until grill-marked on other side, about5 minutes longer. Turn burners to low and grill until chicken is cooked through, 5 to 10 minutes longer.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- If using a charcoal grill, build coals on one half of the grill floor.
- When the coals are hot and ashy, grill wings as instructed above, then move to the cool side of the grill for an additional 5 minutes of cooking, if necessary.
I'm getting ready to make these. Hubby and I love to eat chicken wings when he gets home late at night. Easy and they don't fill us up bad.