Yum! I made these for my family last night on a warm evening and they were enjoyed by all--and my family isn't too wild about Indian-inpired dishes (they're crazy, I know)! I found this in USA Weekend. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil or 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 4 lbs chicken wings, tips removed and wings split at the joint (about 16 whole wings)
- 1Heat oil in an 8-inch skillet over low heat. Mix cumin, curry, garlic, salt, ginger and cayenne in a medium bowl.
- 2Add spices to the oil and heat until they start to sizzle and darken slightly in color, 20 to 30 seconds.
- 3Return spices to bowl; whisk in vinegar, then yogurt.
- 4Add wings; toss to coat. Let stand 10 minutes, or transfer to a zipper-lock bag and marinate up to 24 hours.
- 5If using a gas grill, turn all burners on high for 10 minutes. Clean grate with a wire brush, then use tongs to swipe grate with an oil-soaked rag.
- 6Place wings on rack; cover and cook until grill marks form on one side, about 5 minutes. Turn and cook until grill-marked on other side, about5 minutes longer. Turn burners to low and grill until chicken is cooked through, 5 to 10 minutes longer.
- 7Serve warm or at room temperature.
- 8If using a charcoal grill, build coals on one half of the grill floor.
- 9When the coals are hot and ashy, grill wings as instructed above, then move to the cool side of the grill for an additional 5 minutes of cooking, if necessary.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Chicken Wings With Tandoori Flavorings
Serving Size: 1 (280 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 599.4
- Calories from Fat 402
- Total Fat 44.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 178.7 mg
- Sodium 766.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 43.3 g