Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This delicious wrap is a slightly modified version from styleathome.com. For the best flavor it requires a marinade time of 2 hours minimum, which is not included in the prep time.
- 4 pita bread
- 4 tablespoons yogurt (for garnish)
For chicken marinade
- 1⁄2 cup yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
For cucumber relish
- 1 English cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced (about 4 cups)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup diced tomato (dice finely)
- 1⁄2 cup diced red onion (diced finely)
- 6 tablespoons black olives (chopped and pitted)
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley (coarsely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill weed (coarsely chopped)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- To prepare chicken marinade, whisk all marinade ingredients except chicken breasts together in a bowl. Combine marinade with chicken breasts in a large zip-lock bag, seal and gently shake to evenly distribute marinade over chicken. Place in refrigerator and chill for 2 to 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, prepare the cucumber relish. Lay cucumber slices in a sieve placed over a bowl and sprinkle with pinch of salt. Leave for about 30 to 40 minutes, or until cucumbers soften and their liquid begins to drain into the bowl. Stir occasionally.
- Combine the tomato, onion, olives, parsley, dill, garlic, olive oil and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Stir in drained cucumbers, then cover the bowl and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Grease grill and preheat to medium-high. Remove chicken from zip-lock bag and discard marinade. Grill chicken breasts until cooked through, about 12 minutes. Remove chicken from grill, let rest for a few minutes and slice thinly on the diagonal. Lay chicken slices on top of each pita round and divide relish evenly among them. Garnish with a little extra yogurt and serve.
What a delicious wrap! I marinated both the chicken and the tzatziki overnight and the chicken was moist and delicious along with those scrumptious kalamata olives and cucumbers. I added a little red wine vinegar to give the tzatziki a little more zip and added some fresh baby spinach leaves to the pita. This makes a wonderfully healthy and delicious lunch and can be made as a light dinner as well. Made for ZWT9, July, 2013.
Yummo!!! Made these this morning for a trip to the beach. Outstanding! The marinade was soooo good, and the cucumber relish??? So greek! I'll be using the relish on so many other things. Used kalamata olives, giving an even more authentic taste. I'll try to get pics while at the beach. Thanks for posting!!!
This was a very yummy wrap! I started marinating the chicken in the morning before work. It was tender and juicy. The relish was plentiful and very delicious as well. I used kalamata olives. We served with Grilled Eggplant With Ricotta and Tomato as a side. Thanks for posting!