Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
A Cooking Light recipe. Fried tortillas form the shells for most tostadas, but grilling lowers the fat. Bottled salsa and canned beans make this recipe a snap to prepare.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6-oz. each)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- cooking spray
- 6 flour tortillas (8-inch size)
- 6 cups packaged coleslaw mix
- 1 (7 ounce) can green chili salsa
- 4 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup ripe olives, sliced
- 1 1⁄4 cups fat-free refried beans (I prefer black bean)
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbed (or cotija cheese)
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted pumpking seeds, toasted (optional)
- Prepare grill, or heat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Brush chicken with juice; sprinkle with taco seasoning and sugar. Place chicken on grill rack or grill pan coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes on each side or until chicken is done. Cool slightly. Cut chicken into 1/4 inch strips; set aside. Place tortillas on grill rack or grill pan coated with cooking spray; grill 30 seconds on each side or until golden brown.
- Combine coleslaw with salsa; toss to coat. Combine tomato and olives; toss gently.
- Spread about 1 tablespoons beans over each tortilla; divide chicken evenly among tortillas. Top each serving with about 2/3 cups slaw mixture, 2/3 cup tomato mixture, 4 teaspoons cheese, 1 tablespoons sour cream and 2 teaspoons cilantro. Sprinkle each serving with 2 teaspoons pumpkin seeds, if desired.
Excellent tostada. I cut the amount back to 1 serving which made enough for 1 big tostada for me. lol. I switched the cheese to cheddar as thats what I had and used a regular green salad mix as, again, it's what I had in the house. Still. the outcome was delicious and I like not frying the tortilla, you just have to watch carefully to make sure it doesn't burn (my first try did). I really do miss Mex and Tex-Mex up here in Canada but not everything is easily available and I usually do without so this was a real treat on a number of levels. Now that I have this yummy recipe I'll be making these a lot more often. Made for Fiesta Tag.