Recipe by R.Lynn
Using a tasty Tex-Mex marinade, this tostada gives a decidedly different taste to ordinary tostadas. Placed on a corn tortilla bed, this would make an excellent BBQ party dish and can be folded over to make it kid friendly. You can also use an indoor grill pan making this a great year round dish!
- 118.29 ml fresh lime juice (about 3-4 limes)
- 59.14 ml soy sauce
- 59.14 ml vegetable oil (plus more for brushing)
- 14.79 ml honey
- 9.85 ml minced garlic
- 7.39 ml chili powder
- 6 piece boneless skinless chicken
- 8 small corn tortillas, 5-6 inches
- 354.88 ml shredded monterey jack cheese
- 354.88 ml shredded lettuce
- salsa (optional) or guacamole (optional) or sour cream (optional) or cilantro (optional) or green onions (optional) or tomatoes (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken in a gallon size ziplock bag and add all the marinade ingredients. Press air out and seal. Turn bag to coat the chicken and refrigerate for at least 4 hours (preferrably overnight), turning the bag occasionally. Remove meat from the refrigerator 20 minutes before grilling.
- Over medium high coals, grill chicken for 5 minutes on each side or until done.
- Transfer chicken to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes before cutting into strips.
- Lightly brush both sides of tortillas with vegetable oil. Grill on both sides for about one minute. Before removing from grill, sprinkle with cheese.
- To serve, layer with shredded lettuce, chicken strips, remaining cheese and any additional ingredients.