1/1 Photo of Grilled Chicken Tostadas
24 hrs 10 mins
Using a tasty Tex-Mex marinade, this tostada gives a decidedly different taste to ordinary tostadas. Placed on a corn tortilla bed, this would make an excellent BBQ party dish and can be folded over to make it kid friendly. You can also use an indoor grill pan making this a great year round dish!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (about 3-4 limes)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil (plus more for brushing)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1Place chicken in a gallon size ziplock bag and add all the marinade ingredients. Press air out and seal. Turn bag to coat the chicken and refrigerate for at least 4 hours (preferrably overnight), turning the bag occasionally. Remove meat from the refrigerator 20 minutes before grilling.
- 2Over medium high coals, grill chicken for 5 minutes on each side or until done.
- 3Transfer chicken to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes before cutting into strips.
- 4Lightly brush both sides of tortillas with vegetable oil. Grill on both sides for about one minute. Before removing from grill, sprinkle with cheese.
- 5To serve, layer with shredded lettuce, chicken strips, remaining cheese and any additional ingredients.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Chicken Tostadas
Serving Size: 1 (86 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.6
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 25.1 mg
- Sodium 842.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 9.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
boneless skinless chicken