Recipe by mell_2
I saw this on Food Network Canada and it has been on my to do list ever since. The original recipe calls for thighs but I would use breasts and have updated the recipe to reflect this.
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 lemons, juice of
- 1 tablespoon salt (15ml)
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt (125ml)
- 3 tablespoons ground almonds (15ml)
- 1 tablespoon of freshly grated gingerroot (15ml)
- 5 garlic cloves
- 3 teaspoons paprika (15ml)
- 2 teaspoons garam masala (10ml)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric (5ml)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper (2.5ml)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (2.5ml)
- extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chicken lemon juice and salt in a large bowl and toss until the chicken is well coated. Place the chicken and the remaining liquid into a large plastic bag.
- In another bowl, combine yogurt, almonds, ginger, garlic, paprika, garam masala, turmeric, pepper & cayenne. Mix well and pour over the chicken. Toss and coat the chicken in the mixture. Close the bag and place it in the fridge to marinate for 4 hours up to overnight.
- Place some bamboo skewers into water and leave to soak for 30 – 45minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator ½ hour prior to cooking time. Leave it to come to room temperature.
- Preheat the grill to medium high heat.
- Place two or three pieces of chicken on each bamboo skewer. Oil the grill grate and then place the skewers down in a way that the skewers are off the heat and the chicken is on. Cook with the lid up for 7 to 8 minutes per side.