Recipe by Lavender Lynn
This is one of the most popular dishes in north India.The word Tikka means bits, pieces or chunks. Chicken Tikka is an easy-to-cook dish in which chicken pieces are marinated in special spices and yogurt and then grilled or baked in a clay based Oven called Tandoor.
- 1 lb chicken (chicken thighs)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves (peeled and chopped finely)
- 1 teaspoon ginger (coarsely chopped)
- salt, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 2 teaspoons red chili powder (adjust according to your spice level)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean and wash the chicken and add lemon juice and salt, mix it well and keep it covered for 30 minutes.
- After that blend the rest of the ingredients in a blender or mixer or a food processor until it becomes smooth.
- And add the ground paste into the marinated chicken from step 1 and again keep it marinated for another 45 minutes.
- Preheat your oven or grill to a medium high temperature (200 C/ 400F).
- After that grill the marinated chicken until it becomes fully cooked and juicy.
- Serve it hot with some onion rings and lemon on the side.