Buster's friend's Note:
This recipe has me getting the grill set up - grilling weather is coming & this recipe by Mark Bitman is going to start off the season! Came to me by email... out of the blue! Serve with steamed rice, bright hot pineapple-habanero salsa & crunchy cucumber, sweet red pepper salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon garlic, slivered (or minced)
- 6 scallions, trimmed and minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, stemmed, seeded, minced (habanero, Scotch bonnet OK too, or Asian Chile paste or crushed red pepper flakes)
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice, ground (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 lbs chicken thighs, about 8
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1Start a charcoal or wood fire, or preheat a gas grill to the maximum, or preheat the broiler. Set the rack about 6 inches from the heat source.
- 2Prepare the sauce: Combine the garlic, scallions, Chile, 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper, allspice, and oil in a small bowl. Add 1/2 cup boiling water; stir and let sit.
- 3Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper and grill or broil it, turning two or three times, until it is cooked through, about 25 minutes.
- 4Taste the sauce and adjust with more Chile, salt, pepper, or allspice if needed. Stir in the lime juice.
- 5Serve the chicken hot or at room temperature, passing the sauce at the table.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Chicken Thighs With Sauce Au Chien
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 524.1
- Calories from Fat 343
- Total Fat 38.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 191.0 mg
- Sodium 177.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 39.9 g