Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I finally found mirin at the local T & T supermarket, it's a mild tasting rice wine. These are tasty and really easy to put together. You can also do these kabobs in the oven.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup mirin (can substitute dry sherry)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Cut the chicken into bite size pieces. Combine all of the sauce ingredients and pour over chicken. Marinate for two hours.
- Remove from the marinade, thread onto skewers. Grill over medium-high heat, turning once and basting with marinade, for about 5 min or till no longer pink inside.
- To cook under broiler - Place chicken skewers on a greased rack in a cooking or baking pan. Broil 5 to 6 inches from heat, turning once and basting with marinade, about 5 minutes or till done.
We really enjoyed this quick and easy to make recipe. The chicken teriyaki skewers were wonderful. Of course when I went to grill them, it had started to rain, so I broiled them in the oven. They were perfect, beautifully cooked, tender and juicy with a nice soya based flavor, we really enjoyed the mirin and ginger in this dish. Thank you for sharing this delicious recipe that i will make again.