1/1 Photo of Grilled Chicken Tacos Alambres
2 hrs 45 mins
From Fine Cooking, April/May2004.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the chicken
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon dried ancho chile powder
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup oil
- 1 1/4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
For the filling
- 1Marinate the chicken: Mix lime juice, chile powder, garlic, salt, oregano, and pepper; whisk in oil.
- 2Place chicken in a large ziploc, add marinade, and refrigerate for no longer than 1 1/2 hours.
- 3Make the filling: Prepare a medium hot charcoal fire, or place a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat for 2 minutes.
- 4Remove chicken from marinade, allowing excess to drip off.
- 5Grill chicken (if searing in skillet, use 1 Tablespoon oil), flipping after about 4 minutes, until it's just firm to the touch and cooked, through, about 9 minutes total.
- 6Let cool, then chop into fine pieces.
- 7Heat skillet over medium heat, adding 1 Tablespoon of oil and the bacon.
- 8Cook, stirring frequently, until bacon just begins to brown.
- 9Turn to medium-high, add chiles and onions.
- 10Cook, stirring frequently, until they begin to soften.
- 11Add chopped chicken, cilantro, and lime juice, stirring constantly until chicken is hot.
- 12Taste, and adjust seasoning with salt.
- 13Sprinkle grated cheese over the top, remove pan from heat, and allow cheese to melt.
- 14Serve with soft tacos, salsa, etc.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Chicken Tacos Alambres
Serving Size: 1 (1338 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.4
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 34.3 mg
- Sodium 349.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 13.1 g