Recipe by kellib626
I found this recipe years ago in Quick Cooking magazine. It take some marinating time, but is worth the wait. The chicken is juicy and flavorful, and I've used it in tacos and fajitas. Usually I serve it with guacamole or a homeade pico de gallo or salsa with some rice on the side. Nice easy summer recipe! Prep time includes marinating time.
- 1⁄3 cup olives or 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 1/4 lbs)
- 6 flour tortillas or 6 taco shells
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large resealable plastic bag or shallow glass container, combine the first eight ingredients. Add chicken and turn to coat. Seal or cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally. Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Cut into thin strips, serve in tortillas or taco shells with desired toppings.